Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Indian Food and Misc...............

Today was a hodge-podge of activities starting with my dental appointment for teeth cleaning (a love-hate event). The East India Co Indian Restaurant is right next door and I decided that it was time to sample Indian food. It was an amazing experience as I ate things that I had never encountered. I ordered a three course lunch so I could sample more than than one thing but when the waitress learned that it was my first time eating Indian food, she served me two extra courses. I am eager to return with Roger.

Then it was time to take the streetcar to Powell's Book Store. I wanted some reading material for our upcoming cruise. The only problem with Powell's is that one can spend several hours wandering through all the rooms.

On my way back home I stopped for a couple of other errands so it was a full day. The good thing is that I could do it all by using the streetcar.

This week is the O'Gallerie Auction (held three nights on Mon/Tues/Wed). Last night I was certain that I would be the BIG winner of several items that I absolutely loved. To my chagrin I learned that others were also coveting them. One item that I was willing to bid $1,000 went for $2,500 and another that I wanted to bid $900 went for $1,900. (Who said that we were in a recession???). Well, I'm not a quitter so in a few minutes I'll go back to see how I do tonight.....................

Last night wasn't a total loss in that I managed to buy some very interesting items. Roger surprised me by having them polished when I returned late this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment