Thursday, February 18, 2010

Girl's Day in Portland

Today was "girl's day" starting with an early lunch at VQ with Allison. It has been awhile since we got together so we had lots to catch up with. Allison is recovering from a hip replacement and she's doing really well - back to walking Alfie (her regal Doberman) three times, daily.

This evening I met Callie next door at the hotel bar for "happy hour". Yes, we managed to get very happy so it was 7:30 when I got back home to fix Roger's dinner. He was forewarned that he was getting leftovers and he didn't mind. Tomorrow night he's promised baked honey orange chicken with fresh rosemary.

We're not sure where the time goes but each week is filled with things to do and places to go.

We are staying up late each night to watch the Olympics but I'll admit that we often miss the events after 11 p.m.

I had a skin cancer removed yesterday so I'm still feeling some pain (happy hour helped relieve some of it) but that's the price I pay for those years in the sun.

So - that's about all for this week........................


No comments:

Post a Comment