Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunny Thursday in Portland

This morning Bella and I hopped onto the streetcar and headed downtown to her groomer.  Today was bath and haircut time so now she's ready for warmer weather.  After shopping at Macys (25% sale prices on top of reduced prices) I ended up with a bag full of casual things for summer.  Summer here is still sometimes cool so I got bright colored tops with long or medium sleeves.  One "fuzzy" cotton sweater in light teal was originally $59 and I paid $7.49 (yaahhhhhhh)  The other two tops were priced similarly low so it was a great shopping experience.  While I was eating lunch at Brasserie Montmartre (shrimp po'boy and fresh cauliflower soup with bleu cheese and truffle oil) Vicki sent a photo of her first peony from her garden.  I'm sharing it with you because the flower is stunning.  I'm hoping to find peonies at the Saturday Farmer's Market.

Roger is at the college studio working on his screen printing project.  He's also finishing a couple of paintings to enter in the college art show this May so we're both enjoying the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment