Friday, April 26, 2013

Bertie Lou's in Sellwood

Roger keeps finding the most unusual places for breakfast.  This morning he took me to "Bertie Lou's" in the nearby area, "Sellwood".  Portland has districts, much like S.F. where small communities circle the metropolitan downtown area.  The Sellwood area features lots of "mom and pop" cafes and antique shops so it's a great place to explore.

Inside there are only seven very small tables and about five seats at the bar.  In nice weather they add four patio tables outside.  Breakfast at Bertie's is whatever you want.  The menu is huge and they encourage patrons to order whatever they like, even though it's not part of the printed menu.   I hope you aren't shocked to hear that I had two eggs, country fries, sausage links, bacon, and a biscuit with gravy..... and I almost managed to eat it all. 






Now I'm looking forward to the next breakfast surprise - maybe next week? (note to Roger).

No comments:

Post a Comment