Sunday, June 28, 2020

"DIRT", a substitute culinary experience when we can't dine in fine restaurants

Yes, we're all missing the experience of dining out, linens, candlelight, sumptuous wine choices and multi-course menu choices.  SO, instead, I just finished reading "DIRT', written by Bill Buford who lived in Lyon, France for five years, learning how to cook authentic French recipes under the tutelage of famous chefs, such as Paul Bocuse and Michel Richard.

I learned much about Lyon and I regret that I never visited there but just reading about the food and recipes was almost like being there to enjoy the food.  Fortunately, the imagination is alive and well during our isolation.

I recently learned that my favorite Portland restaurant, Mucca Osteria, is delivering their fabulous Italian food using Grubhub so sometime this week, I plan on an indulgent dining experience.  I'll just do a "pretend" restaurant by using linens, candles, smooth jazz on the stereo and a Navarro Pinot Noir.  Now I have something special to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment