Saturday, August 17, 2019

FRIDAY in Portland - Living Room Theater - Powells - Little Big Burger

WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE opened Friday at the downtown Portland Living Room Theater so I bought my ticket online and hopped on the Portland Streetcar which stops one block from the theater.

The movie wasn't what I expected - IT WAS MUCH BETTER!  The previews gave it a slapstick impression but it turned out to be a good story with exceptionally good acting.

The lovely thing about downtown is that there are so many entertainment opportunities within short walking distance.  Since it was lunch time, I walked two blocks to "Little Big Burger" - not quite like "IN and OUT" (no grilled onions) but close enough to be really delicious.  Penzey's Spice shop is next door so that was my next stop for Northwoods Seasoning, a mixture of salt, Hungarian paprika, black pepper, thyme, rosemary, garlic and chipotle,  Trust me - it's all you need for cooking tasty food!

Powells was very close so visiting there was like having a luscious dessert.  I found a hard cover 'Gone So Long" by the author of the "House of Sand and Fog" so I'm looking forward to reading on the balcony this weekend.

As I walked into our complex, I found a rose bush that was filled with orange and red roses so I couldn't resist taking a photo.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment