Sunday, November 12, 2017

Portland Handweavers Guild & Judee Moonbeam



My friend, Judee, is a fabric artist who makes original fabric accessories - small purses, pouches, shopping bags, vests, scarfs and clothing.  Basically, anything that can be made from fabric can be found in her studio.

Today she sent an invitation to a Fall Fiber Show and Sale at Multnomah Art Center so this afternoon I went to check it out.  It was a wonderful experience to meet so many artisans and see the beautiful items that can be hand woven. I bought a gorgeous hand woven scarf and a wool cap for Roger's cold little bald head.

As soon as I finish my current needlepoint, Judee is going to make me two huge pillows for our bed.  They'll definitely be a work of art so I'm excited that she has agreed to sew them.

No comments:

Post a Comment