Tuesday, December 8, 2015

When it RAINS - it POURS - at least now in Portland

A photo, tonight on TV, of Multnomah Falls shows that there are now TWO falls with water spreading all the way into the parking area.  The area has been closed because there is no way to access the road. 

Here, in downtown, some streets are so full, the water spreads over the entire surfaces so it's imperative to drive very slowly.  Some streets in the Pearl were so deep with water, the streetcar had to be shut down and cars had to detour.  Today when I went out, I wore rain boots that go almost to my knees (just in case).

Our storage unit is presently wet with about three inches of water so the management is busy trying to remove the water and dry things out.  I'm thinking this is a good time for me to empty the whole thing out, put some higher storage racks and get better organized. 

Yesterday was Roger's last classes for this term so now he can get some rest, relax and enjoy..............  He produced a huge amount of artwork so I'll get busy and take photographs to share with you.
He just hung this on the wall by my desk.  The only way to appreciate this piece is to see and feel it.  The pine cone is painted on a textured leather-like fabric which adds interesting detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment