Thursday, September 24, 2015

Partial DNA Test Results............

I just received partial results from my recent DNA test.  A friend of Roger's who is a scientist in the genetics field has agreed to interpret my raw genotype data so I won't have that information until he has time to work on it.

Meanwhile, I do have my ancestry composition.  I have always assumed that I was "100% German" but it turns out that 49% of my makeup is a combination of German and French.  The remaining percentages include 10% British & Irish, some Scandinavian and Balkan with 24% in the category of "Broadly Northern European".

"23andMe" is the company that I chose to test my DNA and it has been an interesting experience learning how and why this testing has become available and what it actually means.


No comments:

Post a Comment