Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Lodi Zinfandel

When Lori and Pam recently visited, I gave them a shopping list for wine and liquor.  Here in Portland prices are close to double so the girls found some great buys to help me stock up.  I'm enjoying Zinfandels from Lodi and the foothills and tonight I want to mention "Shadow Ranch" from the Sequoia Hills (not sure where that is - maybe a fancy name for Plymouth or somewhere near there).  The first taste was like drinking bing cherries, plums, dark berries, etc.  It's drinkable alone and even better with food.  If you have a chance to buy some, give it a try.

I still prefer the old vine zin that is bottled in the Lodi area because it is dry and has a powerful flavor but it has been fun trying some labels that I've never had before.  Thanks to you - Lori and Pam !!

No comments:

Post a Comment