Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Gatsby & Ringside Fish House

Roger is in school until 9 p.m. so this was my day to "play".  I just returned home from enjoying a matinee of The Great Gatsby and Happy Hour at the Ringside Fish House, next door to the theater.  It was a perfect afternoon.  The movie is great (don't miss it) and the happy hour menu at the fish house is unbelievable.  I had a three course early dinner starting with clam chowder ($2.75), Caesar salad ($2.75) and a shrimp roll with large fresh cooked shrimp ($3.75).  That means for less than $10 I had a delicious dinner.  Drinks, of course, are almost full price but still............  It's my new favorite place but I understand that Chef Paley, one of our award winning chefs, has opened another restaurant (Portland Penny Diner at 410 SW Broadway)t and one of his specialties is a chili dog.  I guess you already know where I'm going next.............

 http://www.portlandpennydiner.com/menus.htm

http://www.ringsidefishhouse.com/images/pdf_menu/ringside-fish-house-happy-hour-menu.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment