Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Stroll Down 23rd - Lunch at Kornblatt's Deli


On my walk to the streetcar I found that my favorite fountain has been turned on for the summer. The water is surrounded by terraces where people can sit, read or enjoy visiting in a tranquil setting.

After a routine visit to Legacy Clinic, I walked over to 23rd Avenue, starting with lunch at Kornblatt's New York Deli. It was my first visit, but not my last. It's a delightful deli that serves fresh made New York style deli food and the portions are HUGE. A good place to share a meal and the prices are very fair.

My walk continued with a visit to Dazzle (a shop with a decorated horse in front whose colors and clothing change with the seasons), and another stop at "3 Monkeys" where they sell really funky accessories and clothing.

So Roger wouldn't miss out on a treat, my next stop was "Two Tarts" where they specialize in making very small (and very elaborate and delicious) cookies.

My last stop was at a darling flower shop near the hospital to buy a fresh flower before boarding the streetcar to come home.




No comments:

Post a Comment