Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Benessere Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars - Another New Portland Experience

http://www.portlandfoodanddrink.com/2010/07/benessere-olive-oils-and-balsamic-vinegars/

If you have an interest in exceptional olive oils and vinegars, you'll love this shop in downtown Portland. Even better, it's near South Park Restaurant so you can have an exceptional lunch and then enjoy tasting and buying their fabulous oils. It's only two blocks from the streetcar stop that brings you back to the condo so, after a manicure, lunch and shopping, it was a quick trip (and lots of fun, too).

This is a new concept for me so I started out with their "house blend" olive oil which is a multi-purpose cooking oil. For fish I bought a whole lemon infused olive oil that has an amazing flavor. For dipping bread, I got a pomegranate balsamic that I'll serve with the blended olive oil.

Shopping there is an interesting experience. There must be about 40 stainless steel casks, each labeled with a special oil or blend and customers can taste each one by opening a spigot and putting a small amount into a tiny cup. Then, there are about 20 casks with vinegar and a bar area where they feature truffle oils and other exotic oils.

I used a Groupon for my first visit so, not only was it a great experience, it was very affordable, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment