Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow ? Really ?

The weathermen are adamant - saying that it's 100% that we're getting snow tonight that will last through the weekend because of the low temps. Roger and I decided to head for Costco to make sure that we have provisions for being "snowed in" - smile - . As we drove we encountered a snow plow on I-5 ready for "action". Here, in downtown, there's no snow yet so we'll see how the evening progresses.

Food was at the top of our agenda but books were the second........... I'm anxious to start the new book, "Cleopatra" - I'm not sure why, but I can never learn enough about her life. I still remember the fascination of touring Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey, where Cleopatra's sister is buried (we're told that Cleopatra had her killed because she was so beautiful).

Allison and I had a great dinner last night at Iorio - we love to share so we managed our way through four courses.

I'm still enjoying yoga and I'm amazed at how quickly a body can start to feel "toned". I normally have a lot of back and neck aches so I'm hoping that I can strengthen my body to ease some of the discomfort.

Well, it's "Manhattan time" so I'll let you know if the snow materializes..........

No comments:

Post a Comment