Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today At Aquila Glass School























Yes, my creative juices are flowing again. Groupon offered a glass fusing class for half off so I took advantage of the deal and I'm SO glad that I did. This afternoon I spent 3 1/2 hours learning how to design fused glass objects; four jewelry pendants, a small bowl and a rectangular platter. All ten people at the class were interesting people - most with some artistic background - so it was a good opportunity for us to also learn from each other.

The man is a retired engineer so his designs were very precise and clinical. The tree was done by the girl next to me and the top photo shows my "creations".


It's difficult to know what the completed pieces will actually look like since this our first time doing this so in about a week or so I'll give you photos of the items after they are fired in the kiln.

No comments:

Post a Comment