Saturday, August 15, 2015

Jacob's Creamery - Oregon

http://www.jacobscreamery.com/

Above is the web site where you can view the amazing products from a small dairy in Washington State,Jacob's Creamery.  Today at the Farmer's Market in the PSU park blocks, I bought their "bloomy", an oozy cheese that I'll enjoy with my Pearl Bakery baguette for today's lunch.  I also couldn't resist the freshly churned butter.

Tomatoes are at their very best right now so we eat tomatoes with almost every meal.  This morning Roger sauteed some onion and tomato, then poached quail eggs into the mixture.  (He has trouble pronouncing "quail" so often he calls them crow eggs so I can tease him).

Today's bounty includes farm fresh eggs, also from Jacob's Creamery, assorted cherry tomatoes, corn on the cob, fresh Oregon blackberries, tomatoes and fresh basil that I keep in a pitcher of water on the kitchen counter.  Saturday is always a special day because of the fabulous Farmer's Market so close to our condo!

No comments:

Post a Comment