Friday, August 14, 2015

DNA Test Through the Internet

Have you ever thought how useful a DNA test would be?  I have - but I didn't decide to actually do it until Dr. Sabour encouraged me.  He had his done and he said that it was informative and helpful by verifying his ancestry and also his possible predestined illnesses or diseases that he might be susceptible to in the future.  The test makes it clear that this is NOT a diagnosis of what we will actually suffer from - BUT - what our bodies might have a propensity for.  The benefit is that, once we know, we can work with our physician to come up with some proactive remedies that will either slow down the process or eliminate it.

It costs $99 and yesterday I got a kit in the mail so I could provide saliva for the test.  Today I'm mailing it back to the laboratory and results will be known in about 6 to 8 weeks.

If any of you are curious, send me an email at:
goldturtle@comcast.net

and I'll send you a link to all of the information.

Ann and Allison are already on board with the DNA tests so we're investing some time in proactive health care.  Next week Allison has invited me to be her "study pal" at an Oregon Health & Science University three year study of the benefits of taking fish oil.  I have no idea of what my role will be but I'm willing to give it a try.

Also next week, Ann and I have appointments with a spa that specializes in foot care and reflexology so that's our next step in our quest for better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment